Are you a noodle soup lover looking to try new and delicious recipes? Look no further! In this article, we will share two amazing recipes for beef and pork hock noodle soup and tendon noodle soup. These hearty and flavorful soups are perfect for warming you up on a cold day or satisfying your cravings for a comforting bowl of noodles. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned chef, these recipes are easy to follow and will surely impress your taste buds. So, get ready to explore the world of noodle soups and indulge in their savory goodness. Let's jump right in!
How to prepare beef and pork hock noodle soup
The name beef and pork hock noodle soup can help you guess the main ingredients of this dish, which are beef, noodles, and, importantly, fatty pork hocks. To prepare beef and pork hock noodle soup, the most important part is the broth. The simple ingredients include pork hocks, optionally some bones, a few stalks of lemongrass, and purple onions. Serve with various types of fresh vegetables, some slices of sausage, a slice of lime, and finely chopped chili for added flavor.
Ingredients for preparing beef and pork hock noodle soup:
- 300 grams of beef tenderloin
- 400 grams of sausage
- 1.5 kilograms of fresh noodles
- 500 grams of pork hocks
- 2 purple onions
- 2 shallots
- 4 stalks of lemongrass
- Accompanying vegetables
Instructions for preparing beef and pork hock noodle soup at home:
- Cut the pork hocks into large pieces, rinse the beef tenderloin thoroughly and let them drain. Then, place both in a pot with 1.5 liters of water and bring to a boil. When the water boils, remove the pork hocks and beef tenderloin, let them drain, and discard the boiled water.
- Thinly julienne the corn cobs, tear the water morning glory into strips, and pick and rinse the bean sprouts, then set aside. Pound the lemongrass, cut them into sections. Peel and pound the purple onions.
- Place the pork hocks, beef tenderloin, lemongrass, and purple onions back into the pot, pour in 2 liters of water, and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, gradually reduce the heat, simmer the pork hocks and beef tenderloin for about 30 minutes until the meat is tender. When the pork hocks and beef tenderloin are tender, remove the beef tenderloin and set it aside, then continue cooking the pork hocks.
- Add the Hue-Style Beef Noodle Soup seasoning package and stir well to completely dissolve. Then, add the sliced shallots. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder, 1 teaspoon of white sugar, and 1 teaspoon of MSG, adjusting to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Slice the beef tenderloin and sausage into bite-sized pieces. Place the noodles in a bowl, add the beef tenderloin and sausage, and pour in the broth. This beef and pork hock noodle soup is served with julienne corn cobs, banana blossoms, water morning glory, and various types of fresh vegetables for the perfect taste.
For more recipes and detailed instructions on how to prepare beef and pork hock noodle soup, click here.
How to prepare tendon noodle soupTendon noodle soup already sounds crispy, and the process of preparing this dish is not too complicated or intricate. The method of making tendon noodle soup is similar to that of beef and pork hock noodle soup, with the only difference being the addition of beef tendons.
Ingredients for preparing tendon noodle soup:
- 200 grams of beef tendons
- 300 grams of beef tenderloin
- 200 grams of pork bones
- 50 grams of pork skin
- 50 ml of pork broth
- 4 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 stalk of scallion
- 3 chili peppers
- 300 grams of fresh noodles
- 1/2 shallot
Instructions for preparing tendon noodle soup at home:
- Rinse the pork bones thoroughly and blanch them in boiling water for 5 minutes to remove any dirt on the surface.
- Simmer the beef tendons and tenderloin together in another pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer until the bones and beef are tender, occasionally skimming off any impurities. Once the tendons and beef are cooked and tender, remove them. Cut the tendons into slices 1cm thick and the beef tenderloin into slices 0.3cm thick.
- Rinse the scallion, keep the head intact, and chop the remaining part into small pieces. Slice the chili peppers and thinly slice the shallot.
- Pound the top part of the lemongrass and crush it. Boil the pork skin until tender, then cut it into bite-sized pieces. Cut the frozen pork broth into slices 0.5cm thick.
- Bring the simmering broth back to a boil, and then add the crushed lemongrass and chopped scallion. Season with 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder to taste.
- Place the noodles in a bowl, arrange the beef tenderloin, beef tendons, pork skin, and pork frozen broth on top. Pour the broth into the bowl through a fine sieve to ensure clear broth. Lastly, sprinkle with scallions, shallots, and chili peppers on top.
For more recipes and detailed instructions on how to prepare tendon noodle soup, click here.
In conclusion, whether you're craving the rich flavors of beef and pork hock or the satisfying tenderness of tendon, these noodle soups are sure to delight your taste buds. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can recreate these delicious dishes right in your own kitchen. So why not give them a try? Visit the links provided for more recipes and detailed instructions. Happy cooking!